In this blog post, I will explain how you can show all people by default when you load the page having search result webpart.
I assume in your publishing page you have added search result webpart. Now Edit webpart properties and click Change query
Search Result Webpart properties
In Build Your Query dialog, select a query dropdown to Local People Results (System) and in Query text add following line:
Now click Test query.
Build Your Query Dialog
Once you test the query, you will see the result in the right side Search Result Preview panel.
Search User Result Preview
Now click OK and Save the page. You will now able to see all employee directory.
Some important ListTemplateID for List for version SharePoint 2013:
- 100 – Generic list
- 101 – Document library
- 102 – Survey
- 103 – Links list
- 104 – Announcements list
- 105 – Contacts list
- 106 – Events list
- 107 – Tasks list
- 108 – Discussion board
- 109 – Picture library
- 110 – Data sources
- 111 – Site template gallery
- 112 – User Information list
- 113 – Web Part gallery
- 114 – List template gallery
- 115 – XML Form library
- 116 – Master pages gallery
- 117 – No-Code Workflows
- 118 – Custom Workflow Process
- 119 – Wiki Page library
- 120 – Custom grid for a list
- 130 – Data Connection library
- 140 – Workflow History
- 150 – Gantt Tasks list
- 200 – Meeting Series list
- 201 – Meeting Agenda list
- 202 – Meeting Attendees list
- 204 – Meeting Decisions list
- 207 – Meeting Objectives list
- 210 – Meeting text box
- 211 – Meeting Things To Bring list
- 212 – Meeting Workspace Pages list
- 300 – Portal Sites list
- 301 – Blog Posts list
- 302 – Blog Comments list
- 303 – Blog Categories list
- 1100 – Issue tracking
- 1200 – Administrator tasks list
- 2002 – Personal document library
- 2003 – Private document library
Group by month is very simple task to achieve in SharePoint List View.
Simply create one computed column with formula:
Now Group by that view by this field to view in particular order ascending or descending.
As shown above, it will only order item by alphabetically for month keyword, but it will not order as per the month ordering.
So to achieve that add following formula:
=REPT(" ",13-MONTH([Start Time]))&TEXT([Start Time],"mmmm")
What’s the trick? To force the order, we are adding a bunch of white spaces before the month name. The calculated Month actually contains the following values (each _ represents a white space):
Now, why don’t we see these spaces on the Web page? What makes the magic work is that when you insert multiple spaces in a Web page, the html specification says that
user agents should collapse input white space sequences
In this post, I will explain how to add an alert on document library or list to get notified about item added, updated or deleted. Steps to follow for adding an alert:
1. First of all Open List or Library.
2. If it is library then open Documents, or it is List then open Lists ribbon tab. In my example I have taken Document Library.
3. Now under Share & Track section, search Alert Me option. Click on Set alert on this library
4. A dialog box will appear with available options like Alert Title, Send Alerts To, Delivery Method, Change Type, Send Alerts for These Changes, When to Send Alerts.
5. Apply relevant configuration on dialog and then click OK. And you are done with setting alert.