I found couple of issues with “Open with Explorer” option in SharePoint document library of my Office 365 site using Internet Explorer 10 browser on Windows 7, then I did some research on this and found some resolution on the same with some of the references so I would like to share with you if you encounter this problem then how to overcome with.
Issue in Open with Explorer of Office 365 site,
Kindly download package from here.
You will be prompted to restart to avail the updates.
Problem with adding office 365 library url to your network drive?
Firstly you need to confirm ISSUE #1 patch is updated to your system. If it is not then download and update the operating system.
Now this post will take you through the Authentication requirements and steps required to map a network drive in Office 365 SharePoint.
1. Login to the Portal http://portal.microsoftonline.com
Sign in to the SharePoint Online site by using your Office 365 credentials. Make sure that you click to select the Keep me signed in check box. This is important because you need to be (and stay) authenticated via the web portal to access the SharePoint document library via a mapped drive.
2. Click Start, Right-click Computer, and then click Map Network Drive
3. Click the “Connect to a Web site that you can store your documents and pictures” link, and then click next two times.
4. Type the site URL, click next, and then follow the instructions in the wizard. Depending on your permissions level you may need to map to a document library level
5. Remove the tick from “automatically detect settings” in your proxy settings page (found in the connections tab in Internet options).
This will make easier folder traversal in exploring.
If you encounter issues with the mapped drive disconnecting follow these steps, Make sure that you are authenticated to Office 365. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to the SharePoint Online site by using your Office 365 credentials, and make sure that you click to select the Keep me signed in check box.
2. Open a document library in Explorer View.
3. Try to access the mapped network drive.
If you are authenticated to Office 365 and the issue persists, make sure that an entry for SharePoint is added to the Trusted sites zone in Windows Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:
1. On the Tools menu In Internet Explorer, click Internet options.
2. Click the Security tab, click the Trusted sites zone, and then click Sites.
3. Verify that the following entries are listed in the Websites list, If below entries are not present, add them to the Trusted sites list of websites.
4. Click the Local intranet zone, click Sites, and then click Advanced.
6. Verify that the following entries are listed in the Websites list, If below entries are not present, add them to the Local intranet zone list of websites.
This should resolve the issue. Feel free to share your thoughts. In case i am wrong in here, point me out.
Blog more, Help more..!