In SharePoint 2010, there was a option available for signing as a different user. But in SharePoint 2013, that option has been removed.
I don’t know why Microsoft has removed this precious feature, but there are some workarounds to get back that feature.
- Start Internet Explorer by using the Run as different user option, and then go to the SharePoint site.
Note: The Run as different user option is visible if you hold the Shift key when you right-click a program icon.
- Access the SharePoint site by using the the URL as
Important: This option uses an unsupported browser feature which is unreliable and causes other issues. Currently this option does not work in IE 10 and Safari.
- Go to the location C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web ServerExtensions\15\TEMPLATE\CONTROLTEMPLATES
There will be file called Welcome.ascx
- Open welcome.ascx in Visual Studio or in Notepad and add the following code and save.
<SharePoint:MenuItemTemplate runat="server" ID="ID_LoginAsDifferentUser" Text="<%$Resources:wss,personalactions_loginasdifferentuser%>" Description="<%$Resources:wss,personalactions_loginasdifferentuserdescription%>" MenuGroupId="100" Sequence="100" UseShortId="true" />
- Once you save this file, the feature will be enabled.
Very simple workarounds to get back this feature.